Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Perdida

After a full day of orientations and city tours, I walked home from Universidad Veritas with a large group. But soon enough, there were only two of us. And that´s when I realized I had no idea how to get home. It took our asking a random man inside his house for help, that man bringing us to the corner store across the street and asking the three people who worked in the store if they recognized the address, their telling him they didn´t recognize the address, that man running into a woman who asked him what was up, that woman exclaiming that my host parents were her neighbors, and against my better judgement getting into her car and having her take me home. Luckily, she really was a neighbor, and she safely and happily dropped me off in front of my house. Oh yeah, and it was pouring the whole time.
But, it looks like I´ll be taking a taxi home after witnessing my classmates getting robbed on our walk home yesterday. I´ll write more about that later. Otherwise, I am having an excellent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment