Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mojada hasta mi alma

This past weekend I had the opportunity to ride a horse to La Fortuna Waterfall.  Everyone I asked said it was the best way to get there, and definitely beat taking a bus up to the trail.  The horse riding started out alright.  Amazona, my horse, was tame and the perfect size for me.  The group of thirty people and horses followed a trail that crossed three rivers, a pasture, and up a road to the trailhead to La Fortuna.  All was fine and dandy until it started raining.  Luckily, I had my rain jacket, so only my legs were soaked.  My program director said that she was soaked to her soul.  Consequently, everyone's backs were splashed with mud.  My stirrups didn't fit quite right so I was jostled around quite a bit every time the cowboys started to make to horses trot.  Needless to say, I was hurting by the time we got to the trailhead.  When we made it down to the waterfall, which was an incredible sight, my friends and I found ourselves wishing we could trade our horses for a bus ride down.  I didn't get in the water since I was already wet from the rain shower.  I reluctantly mounted Amazona for the ride back, which I must admit allowed us an incredible view of the landscape.  I found it hard to sit down the rest of the weekend, but managed to forget the pain I was in to do a zip line canopy tour of the forest on Monte Verde the next day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment