Saturday, June 20, 2009

T-Minus 2 Weeks

I leave for San José, Costa Rica in two weeks.  Kevin persuaded me to write a blog so that he, and others, can live vicariously through me.  Since Kevin played such a large role in the creation of this blog, I think it is appropriate to recognize him for all that he has done.  So, thank you, Kevin, for helping me set up this blog and for giving it such an appropriate and creative title.
And for those of you who are wondering about the title . . .  "Costa Ricans are usually referred to as tico(a)s by themselves and persons of other Spanish-speaking countries, instead of using the more-formal costarricense."  See more at: tico  The term "tica" can also refer to "the world's largest registry of household pet cats and kittens."  See more at: tica

1 comment: